Technology is a great enabler, but having the tools and capabilities is only half the battle. The other half is designing the organizational processes and mechanisms that can deliver the benefits of virtual, networked organizations. Leaders and employees alike appreciate the flexibility of being able to work when and where and how they choose; however, this increase in flexibility comes with challenges that must be solved.
Leading organizations have discovered not only the right technologies and tools to enable virtual work environments but also the right governance processes and decision making mechanisms to drive productivity, role clarity and employee engagement. When the right variables come together, virtual working arrangements can deliver many of the benefits – speed, flexibility, productivity, and lower costs — that more traditional work environments lack. However, despite the promises of virtual, networked organizations, many organizations have yet to figure out the formula.
Employee engagement advocates talk about the benefits for the worker. Technology companies pitch the flexibility and features of their products and services. Leadership gurus preach a new age of leadership and management practice. Yet, building and exploiting networked organizations is a multi-dimensional problem – technology alone doesn’t make the difference. Engaged employees are great, but that won’t guarantee marketplace success by itself. Enlightened leaders may try to be cutting edge, but the productivity imperative is still a reality.
Attend this free webinar to learn more about how executives can design, build, and operate effective organizations that allows work to happen in distributed ways.
This webinar will focus on helping executives and practitioners:
- Understand the principles that govern the design of virtual, networked organizations
- Gain insights into how these principles can be applied in traditional organizations to enhance the productivity, marketplace success and employee engagement of employees
- Learn a framework for how to connect and link organizations across traditional boundaries
- Exploit the creativity and energy of organization culture in virtual, networked organizations while maintaining productivity and accountability
This webinar is a must for:
- C-suite executives and senior business managers
- Heads of global and regional organizations
- HR leaders and OE/talent professionals
- Performance and change managers
- Anyone interested in designing effective virtual organizations